Thursday, May 2, 2024

Sewing Project - Picnic Placemats - QAYG Blues

Another set of scraps put to good use.

This time I chose all blue fabric. 

I created the navy blue zipper insert/pocket on the right hand side first. 

I chose a piece of grey flannel and chose to make the size of the placemat this time. 12.5 x 17.5 inches.

I sewed on the strips of fabric starting from the right hand side close to where the pocket ended. I continued till I got to the left hand side. 

I created a tie from the polka dot fabric.  The back is a pin striped cotton poly fabric which I cut the size of the front.  I pinned the ties opposite the pocket and sewed all the way around leaving a space open to turn it right sides out.   I trimmed the fabric in the corners, turned it and pressed it nicely.  I put a line of top stitching very close the edge which closed the space I left open earlier.

I chose my wavy decorative stitch to quilt the 2 layers together 3 time across the placemat.

Another done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.