Saturday, May 11, 2024

Sylvia's Simple Shots

The Heart of an Angel - Henry K. Ripplinger.  This is the seventh and final book in this series.

Henry is again facing a life and death decision.  Jenny lies in a coma but very pregnant with their child.  A little girl who has been named from the very beginning.  With complications in the pregnancy Jenny was advised to terminate it but absolutely refused.  She risked her life to give this baby a chance to live when delivered premature. With Jenny unable to respond, Henry must decide.  The father of Julean (Henry's first wife who died) a pastor was very helpful. 

The baby is delivered premature and survives and fortunately so does Jenny.

Father Engelmann is nearly finished the love story book he is writing about Henry and Jenny. He knows the end is near. 

This has been a very heart warming, encouraging, tearful at times series. A wonderful series that promotes Christian beliefs and at times quite Catholic practices.

The embroidery scissors I bought on sale when Fabricland was closing one of its stores spend time on the sewing machine.  There cutting surface tends to be at the end so not always great.

They have been relocated to the embroidery box along with the other bits and bobs which I have accumulated to support my slow stitching habit.




There was a great coupon at Michaels this week and I was thinking what high priced item could I splurge on with a 50% coupon?

I decided to buy a pair of scissors for the sewing machine.  I did buy the more expensive pair that are all steel because they remind me so much of the pair my Mom had at her sewing machine.

I miss her a lot.   I am grateful that she taught me to sew which I very much enjoy in retirement with more time on my hands.



A red sun due to forest fires in the province and further a field.

There have been some evacuations again this year.

This maybe a contributing factor to having to use allergy drops for my eyes again this year.  In general, only my eyes are affected so it is better to use a targeted solution.

My aunt and I headed to the tea house for lunch this week.

This is a place we try to visit at least once a year and more if possible.

It is run by volunteers and business had been slow so they were very happy to see us.

Of course, the fact that you can choose a real porcelain tea cup means I am all in.

I did not turn it over for a trademark but it was a lovely blue floral pattern.

The crumble was a treat all home made.  With cutting down on sugar, we still have to enjoy the simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.