Sunday, June 1, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge - June - Banner


I tried it again, and I'm happier with this one.  I made the card wide or landscape orientation to have more room to lay out my banner.  I changed the color to a more Christmas green in the layer and the color printed words.  I chose a green baker's twine which I toned down the white with a bit of Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink.  I taped the twine to the back of the ivory layer then mounted my letters JOY with 3D foam tape to accommodate the thickness of the twine.  It gives more dimension to the letters too.


Here's my first attempt at a card with a banner. I think there's something missing but I'm not sure what.  I was going for a graphic look but I think it's too stark. It needs softness but I'm not sure how to add it. I will play some more and post another later.

The Joy banner was created with the Cricut and the Creative Memories Tiny Treasures cartridge. The monogram in red metallic paper at 1.5" tall.  I mounted these on a piece of cream card stock and repeated the banner motif.  I then added the 'to the world' color printed on the bottom half of the same piece of card stock.  I trimmed it to leave a space between the two.  These cream piece were mounted on a piece of dark green card stock which just leaves a small border.  This was then adhered to the front of a cream card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.