Saturday, June 7, 2014

Christmas Stack - Winter Skate

Like this one!  I used the Tim Holtz Bigz Ice Skates die to cut the skate from heavy white card stock. I would recommend heavy card stock. I chalked the heel with black and painted the skate blade with silver acrylic paint.  I chalked the lace area and cuff with teal chalk to coordinate with the card color.  I put red laces on the skate and tied a knot and trimmed the ends.  See the next post below for detailed instructions. I spritzed the teal card stock with Maya Mist Iridescent Pearl. I cut a Stampin Up Top Knot die cut from decorative paper then I cut it straight across on the point.  This was glued even with the top of the card.  I color printed the greeting then punched it out with my 2" oval punch.  I then cut a scalloped oval with the Spellbinder Nestabilities #3 in the small set from red card stock.  The greeting was layered onto the scallop oval then this layer was adhered over the top note with 3D foam tape.  The skate was adhered below the top note on the card front with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.