Saturday, June 7, 2014

June A Photo A Day Challenge - Week 1

I have decided to join this challenge hosted by Kati at Kati's Little Corner.  We could post every day or once a week.  With the class prep I had to do this week I decided to post at the end of the first week.

Day One - Leaf 

I chose the photo of a leaf with a water drop on it.  It had rained earlier and all the plants were wet.





Day Two - Favorite Color

Yellow is one of my favorite colors.  I have mugs, clothes, bags and my water kettle in this color.  My kitchen colors are yellow and navy.  Many years ago when I spent over a year unemployed I bought this kettle with my first pay cheque at my new job.








Day Three - Weather

I took this photo after I decided to join the challenge. It's rained quite a bit lately and this day I could see the clouds darkening so I chose to head to the river valley and what shot I could get.  I liked the bright green at the bottom against the dark of the clouds at the top.  It seems we have construction cranes everywhere this summer.









Day Four - On the Wall

I was looking for a mural painted on an outside wall but was not able to get one I was happy with so I chose a wall decal instead. 
One of the girls at work has this wall decal in her office.  It's a good philosophy and good words to live by. 





Day Five - Sunglasses

I took this photo of my Foster Grant sunglasses.  I wanted to take the photo from a different angle and I was able to get the name in the foreground.  Works for me.








Day Six - Dot

This is decorated paper I made myself this morning.  I made this polka dot paper with a technique I found on line a while back. I made some bright with purple and orange and pastel paper with blues and pinks for baby cards. Today, I chose red, green and gold because I will be making Christmas cards with this paper. The color is Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Pine Needles, Fired Brick and Tarnished Brass. Check back later to see the cards.

Follow this link for How To make this paper.






Day Seven - Water

I chose this reflection of a large building in the lake. I took a walk around this man made lake where I live and the water was not smooth for a perfect reflection but I thought it looked pretty good.  I love the blue sky.  One of the days recently when the weather was good, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and it was good the be outside.

Check back for my post next week.  Later.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my post. I'm learning that a number of people like yellow, and I like the water droplet on your leaf submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your yellow teapot and was interested in the colors you've selected for your kitchen, which is echoed some in the final photo of reflections on the water. Very pleasing composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you decided to join the photo-a-day challenge!

    You have some great photos here! Both your leaf with the water drop and your reflection in the water photos are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eye for catching that single droplet of rain. And I love the reflection shot in the water. Very nice pictures!
    --visiting from Kati's Little Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection of photos! I love the leaf with the water droplet, the building reflected in the lake! And I am impressed with your decorated paper...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sylvia,
    wonderful choices for the June photo challenge! The leaf with the water drop is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.