Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Card - Non Traditional Christmas Star

I started with a teal card.  I used a DSP by My Mind's Eye - Good Day Sunshine - Bold Dots Paper.  I cut it to leave a small border on the card front.  For the stars I started with a yellow ivory card stock and brushed it with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Antique Linen and then added a bit of TH Gathered Twig to match the dots in the paper. I cut the stars with the Sizzix Star Die. I used TH Aged Mahogany stain for the small star and applied some to the edges of the yellow and teal stars.  I wanted the greeting to match so I brushed some stain onto the rubber stamp but the coverage was not great. I brushed the edge of greeting with the same Aged Mahogany stain. I dyed a piece of white cotton thread with the same stain.  I wrapped it around the DSP layer then glued it to the card front.  I layered the stars and held them in place with a tiny gold star brad.  The greeting is adhered to the card front over the thread with 3D foam tape.

Submitting it to:
 Holly Jolly Christmas Card Challenge - non traditional colors.
Christmas Card Challenges - Sparkle Creations - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazel's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card . Thank you for sharing your project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous!!!! This is non-traditional at its finest!! Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Christmas card! Thanks for playing this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love those giant polka dots. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.