Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mat for Cross Stitch

A friend received this tiny cross stitch art piece representing the colorful historical houses in downtown St. John's, Newfoundland.  The original frame had fallen apart and she wanted to preserve the piece of needlework.  Knowing my paper craft skills she asked if I could make a mat to frame it into this new 2.5" x 3.5" frame.  I selected a black textured card stock.  I cut the piece to the size of the frame then with the motto of "measure twice cut once" I penciled the cut out.  After checking, I placed it on a cutting mat with lines across so I could cut very straight. Once cut, it frame the bit of art nicely.  I taped the fabric to the mat.  I cleaned the glass on both sides, slipped the art, the spacer and the backer back into place.  Voila!!  Restored to bring joy again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.