Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sunburst Birthday Wishes

I purchased the Stampin Up Sunburst Thinlit during Sale a bration. I love this die!! Makes a great looking card in a hurry.

I chose a navy card and cut a scalloped circle with my Spellbinder Nestabilities Large Circle Set No.2 from the center from the same card stock.  I cut the sunburst from yellow designer paper.  I quite sure it's by Basic Grey. I designed a large circle greeting and printed and punched it out with the SU 1.75" circle punch.  I wanted something between the card and the sunburst.  I decided on vellum. I printed a bit of texture onto the vellum, heated some gold embossing powder then trimmed to leave a small border. Adhering of these layers was challenging because not wanting the glue to show through the vellum and the rays on the sunburst.

I've checked out samples on line and the next time I use it I will make it with another color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.