Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Cards - Christmas Trees - Watercolor

I am going to need a lot more Christmas Cards so I decided today to start.

I found a tutorial video on line for these 5 trees last week.

Masked the bottom of the trees then drew 5 triangles with pencil. Painted them with watercolor, drew designs on them, and added metallic accents.  Then spattered the watercolor piece by loading brush with color and tapping it against another brush to produce the blue spots.

I traced the greeting.

Trimmed the watercolor paper to fit on an A2 card. Mounted it onto a SU Baja Breeze card base.

Add a seasonal insert and white envelope.

This one is in non-tradional colors.

Purples and warm tones of yellow / orange.

On the last 2 I worked out how to print a greeting on the printer.  Took quite a bit of time but now I can repeat it when I want.

I did add a black line to ground the trees.

The card base is SU Pumpkin Pie with a seasonal insert and white envelope.



This card is all in blue tones with silver metallic accents.

Mounted on a SU Taken with Teal card base in the A2 set in portrait orientation.

Seasonal insert and white envelope.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.