Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 034 - Mola Inspired - Reverse Applique

Week 34 in the K3N Cloth Tales Slow Stitching Challenge - prompt - Mola Inspired Reverse Applique. This is practiced by the Guna people of Panama.

I designed my own geometric pattern and I used 4 layers of fabric.  True blue, then lime green, then royal blue and finally tangerine orange.

This was quite stiff - the top & bottom layers were poly cotton, the lime is silky and the blue is for sure polyester.

The shapes are a square, a triangle, a rectangle and a circle.

I used sewing thread to based around the edge. Found embroidery thread to match each color and outlined the shapes with running stitches.   Debated about adding additional stitches and decided against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.