Thursday, August 29, 2024

Cards - Self Closing Card - No need for envelopes

I'm working on a new card design. 

It is a self closing card where the card closes onto itself and seals for mailing all in one go.

For this one I used a 1/2 sheet of 12x12 designer paper and cut it in half.  I chose to put the plain side out and the patterned inside.  I added a TH Cameo Frame die in red to coordinate then adhered one of my 4x4 photos from past calendars in the center trimmed to fit.  Then came the bling of gold star sequins on the top and bottom held in place with red tiny brads.

An ivory insert on the right hand side with a stamped sentiment.  These cards provide a good amount of room to include a few lines of greetings to the recipient. 

Once it is ready to go the card is closed and the double sided tape on the small flap seals the card.  Turn it over and address it, add a stamp and a return address and you are ready to mail.

I will cello them so the card front and sentiment are visible.  This allows the one to choose the one that fits the occasion the best.

Each will be an original and unique design.




I used the TH Caged Bird die for this card.

My background is a piece of marbled paper. I chose my colors based on it, so grey for the cage and branch and dusty purple for the bird. I then watercolored some handmade paper flowers to coordinate and place them at the top and bottom of the cage. They are held in place with tiny lavender brads. 

I added a strip of the card base card stock along the left hand side of the layout. Taped the ends to the back.  Adhere the element to the card with double sided tape. 

A white insert on the right hand side.

I thought I would try a landscape orientation and watercolor.  

The wide does not work so well because you can't see the art and the sentiment at the same time.  

A quick watercolor which worked out pretty well.

I spent most of the day making these cards then trying to decide if they are a viable product for the Christmas Store.

I go through this every year and I will just do what I like and not worry about who else might like it.

I need quite a few more Christmas cards so that works.

I love Bethlehem cards and I have not included a palm tree before.

The stamp is from a Stampin Up set in royal blue ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.