Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Sketch Book Cover - Paste Paper

I bought this Scrapbook Binder a while ago for under $5.  I was trying out ideas for what would work for me as a sketch book.  After using it for a few months I have decided to move forward and finalizing it.  

It was just cardboard so it needed a cover.  I dug into my stash of paste paper and there was a piece big enough.  I used a large glue stick and put glue on the cardboard and the paper and adhered pieces to the front and back separately and pressed them with books. Once that was dry I glued down the inside flaps and dried those under books.  I then added the dark spine which is also paste paper.  That was a bit tricky to press but I did my best.  Then I cut down a letter sheet of 24lb bond paper to line the inside back and front.  Pressed again.  

Finally, I could put my sketch paper back inside.  I am using 65lb card stock from Micheals which I find too light for card making so it needs to be repurposed. I just it cut down to 10 inches and punch 3 holes in the left end. Works great.  

I still have the original 8x8 scrapbook sleeves which allow me to store paper that does not fit in the 3 hole system.

I have decided not to put any words or images on the front cover.

I am getting ready for Inktober 2024.  I hope to produce more drawings this year.








Paste Paper is kind of matte and a bit rough so I decided it needed sealing.

I dug out the bottle of Modge Podge matte finish I applied a thin coat to the outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.