Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Sewing Project - Pencil Case for Sketch Book

Now that the sketchbook is done What does one need with their sketch book? A pencil and eraser at least.

After researching pencil erasers which I could add to a journaling bookmark, I decided to save the expense. STAEDTLER erasers are readily available and low cost.

I decided my sketchbook needed a pencil case.  I started by finding a short zipper black will do. Then fabric to match the cover. Done!

I created a narrow zipper insert with tabs at both ends. Then I just pressed the seams in on the rust back piece and sewed the 2 side seams.  I then chose black elastic and determined how long it needed to be and stitched the ends into the ends of the pencil case.

It slips over the sketch book cover snugly and holds a pencil and eraser and likely a black marker during Inktober 2024. 

Very happy with that.  It is slap dash job and I may refine the construction at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.