Saturday, August 3, 2024

Flooring Project - Thank You cards

I made a few Thank You cards for those who helped in this big flooring project. 

This was for the sister and her husband who came to the city to help me remove the carpet from the living room and dining room and expose the cement floor on a very hot and sweaty day.

I chose Stampin Up Rich Razzleberry card base in A2 size. I dipped into my commercially made handmade paper and cut a piece of this wax resist in teals, rich purples with swishes of gold.

I left the beautiful deckle edge on the bottom and taped it to the card front.

I stitched 3 small gold beads in the top right hand corner.

A white insert and envelope.



This card has an Old Olive card base.

I chose an origami paper front layer which was taped on.

I added a gold star sequin in the left hand corner.  To balance I added 2 square brads in the bottom right hand corner with a green one in the middle.

This paper has beautiful gold details.

This card is for the folks from whom I bought the flooring which answered all my questions during the process.


I chose a SU Kraft A2 card base for this card.

The front of the this card is a piece of botanical pressed wax paper.  A nice little flower and a piece of green leaf.  It needed to be mechanically adhered as it resisted taping.  

I wrapped a length of gold thread around the top a few times and then knotted it.  I then place the gold mini brad over the knot and pressed it through the card front. I added a gold bulb pin in the bottom right hand corner which went through the wax paper and card stock front.

A white half sheet insert to hide the metal pieces which have gone through the card stock.

A white envelope to finish it off.

This is for the flooring company which recommended the underlay which saved the project.

This card is for my niece who dropped everything on the Monday morning to pick up the 2 large rolls of underlay and deliver them to my brother in law who was going to install the floor.  Saved me a round trip to the south.

The card base is SU Always Artichoke.  I found this piece of lacy handmade paper in the stash.  Lightly glued to a piece of white card stock.  Trimmed to fit across the card front and taped in place.

I added a coordinating button with gold thread held in place with a Zot. White insert and envelope.
Started with a piece of Not Quite Navy card stock.  

Layered a piece of marbled paper in blue tones with copper accents on the card front.  I added a copper star sequin held in place with a Zot.  Then I added a coordinating bead held in place with a star copper tiny brad.

White insert and envelope. 

This is for my brother in law who installed the floor and my sister who hosted me at her house.  We did a few fun things while he was working at my place. There was a bottle of scotch delivered with the card.


I am loving the lacy curtains casting a wonderful shadow on the vinyl floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.