Saturday, August 17, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 031 - Shisha and Kutch Area in India

I have caught up on my slow stitching.  This piece is for week 31 of K3N Cloth Tales Slow Stitching Challenge.

The shisha are the small decorative mirrors on Indian clothing.  I chose a plastic sequin since I anticipate this piece being put into a possible quilt. This is washable.

I decided to use a piece of salmon colored linen on a cotton foundation cloth.  I also decided to make a paisley pattern with the shisha at the round end.  I traced with a white marker.

I managed the stitching on the shisha. The proceeded with satin stitch.  I had a really hard time when I  stitched through a single strand.  

I added the a blanket stitch around the outer edge of the paisley then closed it with a row of back stitch. After my problems with the satin stitch I took the easy way out.

I used 3 strand embroidery thread in several colors. I made several circles around the shisha.  Then I followed the inside edge of the with a couple of rows of satin stitch. Then I added the daisy flower and filled the field around it with satin stitch.  I used gold, teal, purple, yellow, and pink thread in various places.

I put a border in blue at the bottom and an upper in gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.