Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 032 - Inspired by Judy Martin

I am catching up on my slow stitching now that the floor has been installed and all the furniture is back in place.

This is week 32 of K3N Cloth Tale's Slow Stitching challenge.  Prompt - Inspired by Judy Martin. K saw Judy's show in Birmingham but was inspired by an older piece.

The piece took 3 years (over 1000 days) to complete and was over 200 feet long and titled "Not to know but to go on".  The idea to stitch every day and take things as it comes. 

I chose the items to couch from one of my scrap bags and just laid them down as they came along. Started with one color and just changed as that one ran out.  I couched yarn, ribbon, rickrack and cording.  I really loved how the tiny rick rack looked couched. All kinds of ways to stitch it as well. Of course, there is as many colors as the rainbow.  I then stitched in between the couched rows till I was happy with the whole piece from either side.

Not sure how this will make it into my squares as it is too long.  Can I fold it effectively, I am not sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.