Sunday, July 24, 2016

Saskatoon Berries - Very Good

My sister and I found some wonderful Saskatoon Berries at a U Pick orchard.  Central Alberta's crop was mostly wiped out by frost when the flowers were in bloom.  Our regular place had none.  That has to be tough when that is their business.
We started searching and finally found this place, Saskatoon Valley Orchards.  The berries were plentiful, all ripe, easy to pick and we had a blast.  The price was good as well. The variety is Thiessen.

Check it out if you want berries for the freezer.

2 comments:

  1. Blueberries are my middle son's favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm off to pick blueberries Tuesday morning early, before it gets too hot and then I have in mind to bake a blueberry pie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.