Sunday, July 10, 2016

Welcome Card

We are welcoming a new family to our church this morning and I made a card for the occasion.

I started with a dark brown textured card.  I added a piece of red cotton ribbon across the card just above the middle and taped the ends to the inside.  I cut a medium blue scallop circle with Spellbinder Nestabilities then its corresponding smooth circle in white card stock.  These were adhered together to create the first layer.
I created a second smaller scallop circle with deep red and white.  I cut the greeting circle with my Creative Memories cutter because aligning SB Nestabilities is difficult.  I used a plastic canvas circle to align my paper piercing circle.  I glued the greeting to the red circle then added the handmade paper blue flower on the right side with a mini brad.  I then took a length of red cotton ribbon and created a flag off the bottom right hand side.  I matched these with card stock flags from the same card stock as the first scallop circle.
Both scallop circle elements were adhered with 3D foam tape.  Check out this post for the cool tool plastic canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.