Thursday, November 16, 2023

Cards - Silent Auction Donation

 

I made a couple sets of cards to donate to the Silent Auction at the Gallery Holiday Party.

The first set features a chipboard deer that was stained with Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Gathered Twigs. I chose a designer paper by We R Memory Keepers - Botanical for the background.  It comes in 12x12 so I could 6 cards with the one sheet. I ripped snowbanks from textures off white card stock.  The moon is champagne card stock punched with the 1`circle punch.  The trees are created with 1) Hampton Arts Tree Art die and stamp set, with olive card stock, 2) the Memory Box Birch Tree Trio die and 3) the Stampendous Truck Tidings die set. The card base is Stampin Up Pool Party. 
















The second set of cards features a chipboard snowflake.  I painted them with white acrylic paint then a coat of Pearl Finish. I chose 3 designer paper from the Stampin Up Adventure Bound paper stack.  

For the Pine Boughs set of cards I selected Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip and Baked Brown Sugar card bases. I chose a ginger colored 1/4 inch smooth ribbon. The snowflake is attached with a large clear crystal brad. The greeting is black and white with a flagged end.

For the Birch Tree design I chose Basic Grey card bases. I chose a 1/4 inch black grosgrain ribbon. Again, a clear crystal brad to attach the snowflake. The greetings were left with square corners on this set.

I added white envelopes for all 12 cards.  These were sealed in cellophane - 6 deer then 6 snowflake.



I created a structure to display the 2 sets of cards. I started with heavy red card stock with which I created a pyramid shape then added a piece of chipboard in the middle to provide support to the structure.

I added the sealed packs of cards on either side.  I created a product label to fold over the top.  I then put 2 holes through all the layers with my Crop-a-Dile.  I pulled a red metallic ribbon through the holes and knotted in on the front.

I hope that it generates a few dollars for out club.

I also donated my weaving from a Tactile show, you can check it out here.

Update: All the items sold which is very good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.