Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Christmas Cards - Joyeux Noel - Purple

I made some French cards for my aunts and uncles who are still with us.  Joyeux Noel means Merry Christmas.

I started with the purple paste paper my sister and I made many years ago.  It has been paper that I though too special to use just willy nilly and so it has not been used.  I have to get out of the scarcity mentality and use stuff I think beautiful knowing that more will come when it needs to.

I cut the paste paper to 3.5 inches wide and about 4.75 inches tall.  The die is a thinlit by Memory Box.  I used my magnetic spacer to keep the die in place while cutting.  I cut the paste paper then pulled it off the paper. This requires gentleness because those letters up top are very delicate. I did mark the die with an up this way arrow this time because I did lay it upside down and of course had the greeting the wrong way.

I chose Stampin Up Lavender Lace for the card bases for these cards.  I added a layer of Whisper White cut to leave a small border all the way around. I used double sided tape on the bottom and side and Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive around the noel letters. The bottle has a very fine tip so it was easy to put just where I wanted it.  

Once that was adhered to the white layer, I added my accent pieces. The tree is by Hampton Art and cut from Elegant Eggplant. I added decorations with my white opaque marker. I added silver star and sequin on the top of the J. The snowflake is a large Martha Stewart punch. I adhered to the layer with a dusty purple mini brad and a silver sequin and a tiny sequin on the J. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.