Friday, November 10, 2023

Sewing Project - Tote Bag - Red Tulips

I made another tote bag for charity. See the previous one here.

This is a beautiful red tulip microfiber with green accents and a red zipper.

This pillowcase was small so only 18 inches wide. I was lucky that one of my shorter zippers was red. Win Win.

I used the fabric from a forest green pillowcase of poly cotton for the accents on this bag.  The handles will be more durable rather 100% cotton.

I added a fabric on the bottom again to help with keeping the bag looking good and providing more strength to the bag if it is very full.  I boxed the corners again.

I chose to fold over 3 inches at the top of the bag to strengthen the to edge and help with the proportions. I created handles with the poly cotton green fabric. They were cut 3.5 inches and were 40 inches long on each side. 

I put pockets on both side because I had the fabric and who can't use an extra pocket. Phones, keys, day books always need to be close at hand.

I used the same zipper panel as before.  This works so well.  The red zipper is very visible in the green panel.  I followed the Zipper Panel Tutorial by The Crafty Gemini. Tabs at each end makes it easy to find and open the zipper.  It goes completely across so gives full access to the bag.

I chose to make the handles only go down just below the pockets on both sides.  Well anchored ends and connections at the top.

Boxed corners and a decorative stitch along the top edge of the pocket and the seam which holds the zipper panel in place.

Will be off to charity before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.