Friday, November 3, 2023

Simple Sentiments - Photo - Set 2

Another set of photo cards. 

I chose a different presentation for this set.

I chose Stampin Up Soft Suede as the A2 card base, scored in half and folded.

The accent layer is Really Rust cardstock cut to a quarter sheet and cut with the SU Top Note die.  Once cut I then cut it in half cross wise with the paper cutter and then trimmed the center points off with scissors.

I trimmed the photo to 3.5 inches wide to perfectly align with the widest spot on the half Top Note.  This was adhered with tape on the back then process repeated for the bottom half.

I chose a green-brown grosgrain ribbon to lay over the join of the photo and the die cut.  It was pull to the back and taped down with tape.  This layer was then adhered to the front of the card.

A white insert and envelope finished off the card.

This card features a Jacob's Ladder blossom taken at the Botanic Park.

I chose SU Elegant Eggplant for the card base and Lavendar Lace for the Top Note layer.

I ran a piercing tool over the photo to mirror the stitched edge on the Top Note layer. 

The grosgrain ribbon is Certainly Celery.








This flower is called a Late Tulip.  I don't remember where to found it.

The cardbase is Daffodil Delight which is half a sheet, scored in half and folded.

The Top Note layer card stock is Old Olive.  Same process to trim sides.

I found some nicely matching grosgrain ribbon in my stash to put over the joins.

A quarter sheet insert and white envelope. 







This card features a Copper Skipper which is a butterfly that comes out in early spring.  Usually the first one I see on my walks.

The card base is Mellow Moss and the Top Note layer is Really Rust

I found some Stitched grosgrain ribbon to match the tones of this card.  It is a chocolate brown.

There are a couple of the cards in this set that came from the Nature Photo Calendars so they are more masculine and tones and colors. Works out to balance the set of cards.


This makes a nice set of cards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.