Thursday, April 7, 2016

Poppies for a Birthday

I started with the Memory Box Row of Poppies die.  I chose one of the ink backgrounds I created in January in soft aqua and red pink tones. I cut the paper with the die trying to align the colors to at least have a couple of the poppies fall on the red spots. I used the metal adapter plate to ensure a clean cut the first time through.  This die is great because it has a bottom edge which holds all of these flowers together.  Makes adhering it much easier.  I embossed a white layer with the dots from the Sizzix Christmas Words and Dots Set.  Once this layer was adhered to my aqua card placed in the tall or portrait orientation,  I placed Bling Zots behind each of the poppies and a couple on the base and adhered the die cut to the dots layer.  I then color printed the greeting and applied banner ends with the Stampin Up Banner Triple Punch.  I rubbed the edges with the Baja Breeze ink pad before sticking it to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I love the soft and elegant feel to the card.

1 comment:

  1. I am not a big paper crafter, but I love the look. Perhaps I need to add it to my "to learn" list!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.