I purchased a 100% cotton navy kitchen towel which I turned into two mats for the shelves in my tea cupboard. Really happy with those.
Then I put the zipper into the green cushion I bought for the couch. It did not have a zipper to allow me to remove the cover for washing. When I removed the cover, the inside stuffing was awful shredded foam. That went directly into a garbage bag. The cover was very dirty so into the machine that went. I did find a foam form that would fit so the final step was a zipper.
I`ve had the jeans for a while but they needed to be shortened before I could wear them. So I measured, cut some fabric off and hemmed them. The pants had back pockets with flaps and buttons and I decided I didn`t need any more attention brought to my backside so I removed the flaps and buttons. Done!
My aunt and her husband were over for tea this week. She was picking up something she had dropped off in January now that I had finished the work. I did a bit of a good job on the clean up because this table was full of sewing machine, spools, bobbins, scissors, etc earlier that morning.
Upcoming DIY project. My sister gave the sunflower tile when she returned from a trip to Mexico. I want it framed so I can hang it in my kitchen. I found the 50 tile at the thrift store which will hold the sunflower once I remove the 50 tile. I have had a consultation about how I should go about it and it`s on the To Do list.