Saturday, April 23, 2016

Share Your Cup #194

I found this Buddha Board at the thrift store and for a few bucks I brought it home.  I have admired them many times in stores but the price was too high to bring one home.
The Buddha Board concept is to paint something on the board with water and the brush. As the water dries it slowly disappears.  It's a Zen type practice to live in the moment. 

The photo on the right are Ibis metal structures in a front yard on my walk this week. 




Here's a door knob again on one of my walks this week.  A great blue door with plate behind the knob with an Asian feel.











This hare was sunning it's self next to a cement wall near a construction site, hence the bright blue fencing in the photo.  He did not move so I was able to get a great shot of him eyeing me closely.




The berry bushes are in bloom.  I'm not sure what type of bush this is but the flowers were many and wonderful to see.  There seems to be an Asian theme going on there.
This is fabric I bought at the Fabric Frenzy recently which will become a navy table cloth with a sunflower table runner.  I'll put pictures up of the finished project in a future post.

The sale was organized by local grandmothers to support grandmothers in Africa.  You can read more about their mission here.

Sharing at Art and Sand hosted by Carol.



3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a Buddha board before, but I really like the concept, particularly since I'm unhappy with much of what I draw, and would be pleased to see it disappear. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The art technique looks like fun. And oh how I love the fabric you chose! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of a Buddha board - thanks for the lesson.


    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.