Monday, November 7, 2016

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 5 - Watch & Wait

Today's activity is preparing a Grateful Jar.  I started with 500 ml Jam Jar.  I created a tag and printed it on kraft card stock.  I made the corners round with a punch.  I put a 1/8" hole in the top left hand corner.  I cut a length of white cotton thread and ran the fold through the hole and pulled the ends back through the loop and pulled it taut.  I placed the cotton onto the red ribbon and added a knot and trimmed the ends.
The red ribbon was then tied onto the neck of the jar and knotted twice and the ends were trimmed.
I adhered a small glassine sleeve on the back of the tag and placed my grateful notes inside.  These notes are small pieces of paper.
Regularly, write down things you are grateful for and place the note in the jar.  When you are having a bad day, open the jar, read about the gifts and blessings you have received and surely your spirits will be uplifted.

I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 6 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.

In this weeks lesson we read Habakkuk 2:1, 3:16-19 which talks about how the people are going astray and the prophet beseeches God to help.  Despite the sad state of affairs he decides to go to the top of the watch tower and shout "I will trust You, God, and I will watch, and I will wait.  I will find joy, make joy, take joy, see joy!  Rejoice and re-joys again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.