Saturday, November 12, 2016

Share Your Cup - Last Couple Weeks

It's been a very hectic 2 weeks. I had my first craft sale last weekend. I've been teach a class twice a week for 6 weeks. I'm nearly done my 2016 Be Prepared for Christmas classes.  I concluded the first group on Thursday and will finish the second group on Monday.  It's been good discussion with the ladies becoming more aware of slowing down, being in the present, thinking of others and being intentional in their daily lives.  Attendance has been a challenge for some participants which speaks to the lessons we were trying to learn in the class.

We put together Advent Calendars in our last class.  It will soon be the Sunday to put them up which is November 27th this year. This is a sneak peek as the post will show up on Monday.
At our sale last weekend I was looking for a bag to hold my Advent Class materials.  I have been using a re-useable bag from a grocery store and since I will be teaching this class for a long time I thought it deserved a nice bag. There were 2 quilters among the vendors but I was disappointed to find no bags on their tables. I spoke to one of the ladies on Friday night and she said she had some at home.  Saturday morning this one appeared. I am grateful to have a nice large bag for my class at a good price.  Thanks Linda.  The craft sale was slow on Saturday with not much public showing up at all. Quite disappointing.  The weather was good so we need to check our advertising. 
I've purchase a couple of items in the blue and white dinner ware category.  The cup and salad plate were together but the saucer was missing.  The pattern is Chelsea Garden made especially for Bloomingdale's by Myott in England.  It's not antique as it indicates dishwasher safe on the back label.    The other dinnerware I found were Myott Meakin white dinner plates. They were a good price but they were disgustingly dirty.  Once cleaned up they look brand new with very little signs of wear.  Great find.  I've used my scallop edge saucer from Johnsont Brothers under the tea cup. It's nice when things can mix and match.
I'm sharing with Jann at Daily with Mrs. Olson for Share Your Cup #223.

1 comment:

  1. Your advent calendars look wonderful! Sorry to hear that the sale wasn't a success. I love your blue pickings. I also love mixing and matching dishes. It makes for a fun eclectic look. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.