Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Coaster Calendars

I've created another version of my Coaster Calendar for the sale on the weekend.  I chose verbs.  I hope this inspires others to action.

These make great gifts for friends, teachers, a girlfriends exchange, or special people who live far away because they are easily mailed.  Imagine the pleasure of opening a Christmas card to find a small gift inside.

I chose 4" coasters to which I glued 4.25" squares of designer paper.  I chose light to medium colors to allow my action verbs be visible and easily read.  Once pressed and dry I trimmed the designer paper to the edge with scissors. I then used a sanding block to soften the edges.
I designed the action verbs to be 2" by 4".  I printed them on vellum so that the designer paper would still show through when placed above the calendar.  I printed them in black on the color printer and clear embossed them.  I trimmed the 4.25 to 4.00 inches and then corner round punched the 2 top corners to repeat the round corners of the coaster.  I taped the vellum where the calendar would cover it.  I did add a bit of vellum adhesive in both top corners.

To make the calendar, I created the calendar in software, printed it on 8.5x11 paper, cut it into small pages, stapled the pages to a backer then adhered the backer to the front of the coaster.  I added a black eyelet at the top to provide a hole to hang the calendar and secure the vellum.  I used my Crop-a-Dile to set the eyelet.  It's perfect for the job.
I have added a magnet to the back so they can stick to the fridge or a file cabinet.


I included a credits label on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.