Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Card - Simply Sketched Sympathy

I made this card for a friend who lost his dad recently.
I started with a Crushed Curry card.  The stamps I used are from the Simply Sketched stamp set.  I chose the bird to make the card more masculine and stamped it in Crushed Curry and the sentiment in Baja Breeze as I don't have a Pool Party pad. I watercolored some background on upper and lower portions of the Whisper White card stock with an Aqua Painter and the same colors.  I put the bottom edge of the Pool Party layer through the Big Shot with the edge of the Scallop Square Bigz Clear die.  I dyed a bit of white cotton thread with some Crushed Curry ink to add a bit of repetition and fill in the space below the white layer.

Submitting this to the following challenges:
TGIF Challenges - 01 Color challenge
I skipped the Calypso Coral because it was a card for a guy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your friend has lost his Dad. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.