Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Invitations - Wedding Invitations

I prepared these cards as samples for wedding invitations for a friend who is getting married later this summer. 

The card base is white with a embossed white layer done with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  I wrapped a piece of wide white organza ribbon toward the bottom of the layer leaving room for the lattice die and taped the ends to the back. The lattice die was cut from aqua glossy card stock.  It was cut with the Stampin Up Lattice Die.  I placed a white felt flower cut with the SU Blossom Party Bigz die.  The small flower in the center was punched with a small punch in the same aqua card stock.  These layers are held in place with a tiny white brad through all the layers to the card front. I added some diamond shaped aqua pieces left over from the die cutting.  They are held in place with Zots.

The second one was a card with a top fold.  I placed a white doily on the card front and folded the extra to the inside of the card.  I cut a piece of vellum with the smooth circle Spellbinder Nestabilities which was adhered to the centre of the doily.  I then punched 2 hearts from white card stock with the Stampin Up Sweetheart punch.  They were embossed with the Sizzix Tropical Paisley embossing folder.  The one in front was adhered with 3D foam tape.  I added a piece of turquoise baker's twine wrapped around the card front above the doily. 

I will post the one she selected a little later once her guests have received theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.