Friday, May 1, 2015

Christmas Card Challenge - May - Snowman - Paper Piecing - Tag

Here's my card for the Christmas Card Challenge for May which is Snowman, Paper Piecing and Tag.  

I chose the Tim Holtz Assembly Snowman Bigz die which made the paper piecing very easy.  I selected the background designer paper first.  It's American Crafts - Campy Trails.  I got a real winter feel from this paper so thought it went well with the snowman.  As a background to the tag I placed a piece of cream pearl card stock, cut to leave a large border all the way around. I decided to use the Jumbo Crescent Tag from Sizzix and cut it from the designer paper.  The paper has a warm white in it so I chose a warm white card stock to cut my snowman. The band on the hat is the same cream pearl card stock. Brown for his arms, a deep red for his scarf and orange for his carrot nose. I drew the eyes in with a black marker. I was tempted to put something on his belly but resisted.   I used quick dry glue from Scotch to assemble the pieces of my snowman.  I glued him to the large tag.  I added a soft seam binding in a complimentary color.  The tag was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

Have you started your Christmas Card stash?  Today may be a good day.  I hope this card provides some inspiration for you to start or continue.  Leave me a comment if you have started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.