Monday, June 26, 2017

Warm Tea Cup


I cut the tea cup from designer paper from a pad named Sweet Dreams - Holiday Avenue by My Mind's Eye.  I cut the cup with the Cricut and the Folk Art Festival cartridge at 2.25 inches.   I cut the corresponding solid shape from dark red card stock and adhered it behind the patterned one.

I color printed the greeting layer.  I trimmed the top and 2 sides and ripped the bottom.  I needed something to anchor the shape so I pulled out the Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a paintbrush.  I mixed a color with Real Red, Bravo Burgundy and Ridinghood Red.  I painted a horizontal spot for the cup to sit on and then a swirl of steam off the top.

The cup is adhered with 3D foam tape.






Sharing with Coffee Loving Cardmaker Summer Blog Hop.


9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty green folksy tea cup

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Sylvia! I like the 3 D effect you were able to capture with the layered paper and painted effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the awesome die cut cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an awesome cup - love this cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and a gorgeous tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cup! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Beautiful cup and love how you grounded it and that pretty steam!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.