Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Watercolor Tea Cup

I stamped the tea cup oval from the Stampin Up Tea Party stamp set with embossing pad onto white card stock.  I embossed it with white powder.

I then selected 4 colors from the SU Watercolor Wonder Crayons - Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green and More Mustard.  I created pools of my colors on my palette then I spritzed the card stock, applied the color a paintbrush until I was happy with the result.

The small cup was cut with the Cricut and the Joy of the Season cartridge from white card stock at 1.25 inches. I then use Night of Navy to add some soft color to it.  I added a line at the base and the star with the same color.  The border on the main piece was also done in Night of Navy with a paint brush. 

I adhered the watercolor Cup of Tea layer to the front of a SU Night of Navy card.  I adhered the small cup to the left of the oval with 3D foam tape.

Submitting to
The Simply Irresistible Challenge hosted by Heather Telford and the Foiled Fox.

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Summer Blog Hop

12 comments:

  1. Love the torn edge on the bottom and the vintage feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely cup of tea! Thanks for playing along with our Simply Irresistible card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how this came out; gorgeous design. Love that SU tea stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card...love the soft colors and the torn edge. Looks like you had fun creating this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love teacup images and yours looks so pretty with the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tea themed card design. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, love your tea card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.