Saturday, June 3, 2017

Note Cards - Wedgwood Cameos



I made a set of note cards with vintage Wedgeport Notes images that I bought at a second hand store a few weeks away. The sticker on the box indicates it was sold in a Woodward`s store.  These stores closed in 1992 so the box of cards is at least 25 years old.  It held 16 images but only 12 of them had ovals which I chose for this project.

I cut the card front with the Stampin Up Aphothecary thin-lit aligning the ovals of the cameos. Since the cutting edges are on the edge of the thin-lit it was easy to see exactly where it was going cut. I then mounted a piece of coordinating card stock at the bottom of the card front.  The left one just has a solid piece which has been just adhered with the edges butted up to each other.  The center one, the coordinating layer was punched with the SU! Eyelet border punch and overlapped the card front.  On the right one, I used one of the SU! Edgelits in the Adorning Accents set again overlapping the pieces. I then adhered the accent onto the ivory card front.

I had a card stock leftover from the 12x12 which I cut down to 1 inch wide. I used 2 of them to create a container to place the 12 cards and envelopes inside. I added a credit label on the outside. This was placed inside a gussetted cello bag which measures 3.5W x 1.25D x 8.5T inches. I just folded the top of the bag like a gift and taped the flap closed.

This used 4 12x12 card stock, a bit of solid card stock, 12 envelopes and the vintage cameos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.