Friday, October 13, 2023

1 of a Kind - Tree Scent Ornaments - Set 2 and Stand

I made a few more 1 of a King Tree Scent Ornaments.  These ornaments can hold your favorite tree scent essential oil to give your artificial tree the right scent.

It could also be a favorite Christmas scent of your choice. The scent will dissipate and you can choose a different oil another day.

Love this bold black and white check felted wool.

I decided to pair it with red.

I put blanket stitch along both edges with black embroidery thead. 

I changed color to red and using the squares in the fabric I put X and dashes along to bottom half and just dashes long the top.

Red felt on top with a large black button on top of that.  Black embroidery hanger.

I had most of my buttons spread around my work area in separate bowls.  I found this cute small oval button which matched well with the thread I had selected so I decided to use it.

For this bright felted wool I chose bright green and blue.

I put blanket stitch in green along the top and bottom edges. 

I then stitched the button in the center front and then added dash stitches in blue above and below the button.

The top felt is green with a button button. 

True Blue embroidery floss hanger.

I decided to do one ornament in Oiler colors - blue and orange.

I used the wool denim colored felt.

I added a blanket stitch along the top and bottom edges in orange. 

The center pattern is a set of crossed dash stitches.

I cut the top felt circle from the same fabric with my smallest die from the Large Nestabilities smooth circle dies.  Fits perfectly.

Topped with orange buttons and the same orange embroidery thread for the hanger in all 6 plys.


Another Tree Scent ornament with bright colors.

The wool cuff is bright green and I chose purple embroidery thread.

I put a blanket stitch along the top and bottom edges.

I put stars patterns along the center of the wool layer.

The top has a purple felt circle and then a bright green medium sized button.

Purple 6ply embroidery thread hanger.



The fabric for this ornament was wool suiting so I folded it top to the back and bottom to the back so I had 3 layers to work with. 

I did have to stitch the ends which were stitched over with my connecting stitches.

White blanket stitches along the top and bottom edges.

I followed the plaid pattern with my white thread in dash stitches.

The top felt circle is red topped with a medium white button.

The hanger is white in 6 ply thread.




I needed another stand for Tree Scent Ornaments.  I went shopping this week and found this black folding stand. 

The Christmas stuff was out as well so I picked up a package of silver wire hangers.  I just squeezed them onto the wire frame.

I will put my sign on the back wire with the clothes pin.

I had the piece of wood in my stash which was perfect. It stabilizes the stand when there are ornaments on it. I will have to secure the legs into the slots.

Enough space on this stand for my 1 of a Kind Tree Scent Ornaments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.