Saturday, October 14, 2023

Sticky Note Holders - Photos

I decided to make Sticky Note Holders as small gifts this year.  I wanted to use photos if at all possible.  I did some brainstorming with my sister and came up with this idea.

Square photos I have!

I had sticky notes in blue, green and pink so I selected my photos based on those colors.  I choose flowers but also other stuff from my previous nature photo calendars. 

I chose designer card stock in smooth colors so that it would not clash with the photos.

I designed my photos with a black border all the way around wider than I need it.  I printed two 3x3 photos on a 4x6 with Christmas greetings in the extra inch.  This will allow me to trim the photos as I see fit and not worry too much about whether the border is same on each photo.

I decided to go with a pocket design so the front would be clear of any closure.  This makes the most of the photo on the front.

I did end up adding a tab to the back sheet cause in some cases it was a bit hard to pull the sticky note out of the pocket.  

This also ensures that the sticky note is always put into the pocket sealed side first which is the tightest.  Once a few sheets are taken it will be easy to pull the pad from the pocket.

I used my Stampin Up Round Tab punch.  Punched the shape from the scraps, scored it down the middle, tape on both sides, aligned to the edge and press down. 


Turns out the tab should be in the center which makes pulling the pad out even and therefore easier.  Some are not quite in the center.

It looks very nice.

When the sticky notes are gone you can just add another pad onto the last sheet and start all over again.

This holder makes having notes handy in your purse or briefcase.  It keeps the note corners square, the notes stuck to the pad, and easy to find.


It looks nice on your desk by providing a pretty something to look at instead of boring notes.

It took a couple of tries to get the box right.  The bottom tabs need to fold from side to bottom.  If the tabs are folded bottom to top they interfere with the sliding of the pad of notes in the holder.  I had to sleep on that problem but woke up in the morning with the best way to make them.

Having a score tool was essential for this project. The bottom tab is 3/8" as that is the width of the pad. I used quick dry adhesive to glue all the tabs.
It took a bit to find a way to add just a bit of looseness.  I added a smidge on the side scores which allows just enough space.  I glued the box with the pad inside to that I could adjust a very bit when I glued the side tab.

I used double sided tape to adhere the trimmed photo to the holder front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.