Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Card - Watercolor and Ink - Fall Colors

The original ink drawing was done on 90lb watercolor paper measuring 4.00 X 5.25 inches.  I used a fine tip permanent black marker.

I was inspired to start ink pieces by the Inktober Challenge

I drew it then applied watercolor to it in fall colors. Yellow, oranges and browns.

I rubbed a black marker around the edge to finish off the lines in the drawing.

I added a fabric accent "City Express Post" 2 cent stamp.  Unfortunately, I was not express enough and this card is a few days late. 

I added 2 deep yellow mini brads at the top and bottom of the stamp. The watercolor drawing was then adhered to the front of a Tangerine Tango card.  

I will hand deliver the card tomorrow.


I have been working on art pieces for the upcoming Value of Color show at the art gallery.  Turned out to take more time than I thought.  Keep an eye out for those coming at the end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.