Thursday, October 19, 2023

Oil Diffusers - Tree Scent Ornaments - Felt

I really wanted to make some felt ornaments now that my die cutting station is set up. 

The white felt layers were cut with the Sizzix Snowman and Hat Bigz die.  I cut two of them and then embroidered the front one.  

I added 2 tiny black buttons to it's belly. I embroidered the face.  

I then put them together with blanket stitch around the edge with white cotton thread.  I stuffed it with fiberfill once I had most of the edge done.  Then finished off my blanket stitching.

I added a blue scarf made with a bit of blue cotton fabric.  I unraveled the edges a bit and then wrapped it around his neck and tied a knot. I did add a stitch with blue thread to keep it in place.

I wanted to make a gingerbread stuffed as well.  The 2 layers of brown felt were cut with the Sizzix Gingerbread Man original die.  

These were more challenging because it has holes in it. I placed and stitched a red piece of felt behind the hearts and stitched around them. 

I added icing to the arms and legs with white stitching. The eyes were a tough because they are holes. Again, I put a piece of black felt and added stitching to define the eyes.The mouth is a slit so I just used a black permanent marker to highlight where it was.

I used the blanket stitch around the edge with brown thread.  Once I was nearly all the way around I stuffed it with fiberfill making sure I did not interfere with the felt pieces I had put in there. 

I added a bow of red embroidery thread around it' s neck. The hanger is thread.

Two layers of yellow felt were cut with the Sizzix Star #2.  This is a large single star die. 

I chose a variegated piece of yellow thread.  I created the five star stitch in the middle then add the running stitching to each of the points on the star.

I used the same thread to add the blanket stitch all the way around the star.  I added fiberfill when I just had a bit of edge left.  Finished off the blanket stitch all the way around.

I added a hanger with the same embroidery thread.

The 1-2 drops of essential oil should be applied to the back of the ornament.  Another few options to add scent to your tree this Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.