Saturday, October 7, 2023

Photo Shoot - Christmas - Warm Snow Angel

My sister gave me this wonderful warm color snow angel.  It is quite large and would not fit into my tiny photo studio so I just put him on the shelf. I photographed him at her house years ago. This is a set of cards I create with that shot.

With a lot of thinking about it I realized that I could use my background stand to hold background paper.  That worked out really well. Check the photo below.  It can be set up narrower than I usually use it from photographing my art for gallery shows.

Now I could create a background in proportion to his size.  Also I now have 4 feet of table to create depth of field with items laid further apart.

I used some warm and natural quilting batting for the snowbank.  I cut gold foil stars with my Sizzix star #2 die that cuts 4 stars in various sizes.  Found the foil card stock at ReUse for free.

With this composition I have enough space at the top to either add a digital greeting for a card or a place holder and words for the countdown calendars.

So glad he came back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.