Monday, October 30, 2023

AAC Member Art Show - Value of Color

I dropped off my submissions for the Value of Color member show at the Spruce Grove Gallery on Saturday.  They requested that the pieces be 12x12 square with a predominant color in each piece.  I guess they plan on creating a changing wave of color on the gallery walls.  Should be interesting.

Since I did not have any square frames on hand I decided to try something new.  I purchased 12x12 Cradled Wood Painting Panels from Michaels. I bought some adhesive and decided to use a foam roller to apply the glue. It would be used to the adhere the photo to the board and then to seal the photo once it was dry.

The prints were expensive as well as the cradled panels so I hoped that this process would work. You can check another post to see the details and process.



Title: The Points

Size: 12.00 x 12.00 inches

Medium: Photography

Print 12 x 12 inches

Frame: 12x12 Cradled Wood Panel 

Color: Grey






Title: Orange Center

Size: 12.00 x 12.00 inches

Medium: Photography with acrylic                      gold spatter

Print 12 x 12 inches

Frame: 12x12 Cradled Wood Panel 

Color: Orange



Title: Tree Trio

Size: 12.00 x 12.00 inches

Medium: Mixed Media

Print 12 x 12 inches

Frame: 12x12 Cradled Wood Panel

Color: Green





These will be on display October 30, 2023 – January 2024 and the reception is Saturday, November 04, 2023 at 1:00 pm.  I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.