Saturday, October 7, 2023

Photo Shoot - Christmas - Cool Snowman

I worked on Christmas photography for cards this year.

This was a fun one.  This was created with free and found objects.

It started with the blown glass snowman I found at the ReUse Center.  I needed an environment for him and it took a few days for me to remember the little house and find it. 

It is a small gingerbread house that lights up.  I think IKEA but it is not marked.  

The white wood tree pick - I cut the pick to short and put it into a styrofoam block so it would stand.

The tiny bottle brush tree came out of an ornament which I managed to extract with a piece of wire.

The snow is fiberfill batting for quilts.  It is stretched, moved around, fluffed up and patted down as needed.  Added a bit to the chimney. The house and snowman are raised so they don't get lost in the snow. Need enough snow to cover the transition from the the table to the background.

The background is a piece of scrapbook designer paper in navy star night sky.  Perfect.

It is 12x12 designer paper by Creative Imaginations created by Helen Dardik.

I now have a photo that can serve different purposes.  Trimmed to the right size of 4 x 6 it will become a Christmas background for one of the count down calendars. More about that later.  It will need a few words and a star where the numbers can be written At this size it can also be used on a 5x7 A7 photo card when I add a digital greeting.  The shot can also be trimmed to 3.5 x 5 inches to be used on a 4.25x5.5 inch A2 greeting card.  This turned out so well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.