Sunday, October 8, 2023

Calendar - Countdown - Simple Bethlehem

 

Frames: I used discontinued Tolsby 4x6 frames from IKEA for this calendar.  It the past I have packed these in plastic and decided not to this year.  That created some issues to overcome - mainly how to store the marker and ensure it does not disappear while on the craft table.  I created a clear plastic loop which I adhered to a piece of white 4x6 card stock with clear tape.  I then used silver glitter washi tape to make it pretty and visible. I also used a piece of clear tape to hold the marker to the frame until it is purchased. I had thought of using bubble tea straws for the loop but I mislaid them so I had to just move ahead. With the new by-law these may become a thing of the past.

Markers: The first set of markers I purchased did not have erasers included.  I spent a day spinning ideas about making dry erase board erasers and just decided to buy markers with felt erasers attached. Having to do it again I would have searched for all black markers. Maybe that is not so much fun for the kids which is the whole point.

Images:  I have designed quite a few digital Christmas cards in the past so that was pretty easy to mine my archives to find images.  Also did a photo shoot of Christmas images you can see here. Birthday is a completely different story so I just resorted to using scrapbook designer paper with banners for that side.

Tags:  I made up 2x2.75 inch tags that document the way to use the calendar. I attached the tag to the base of the frame since I decided not to enclose these in plastic.

The Bethlehem image used here is one I created digitally a while ago.  It has been created with a light blue oval background. I have used it in several projects over the years.  Here I designed a 4x6 photo with the digital Bethlehem add the words "Days until Christmas" then had the photo printed.  The challenge is to have a place light enough that the numbers will show up. The birthday side is bright designer paper in red with royal blue balloon punchies with black strings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.