Saturday, September 14, 2024

Card - Birthday - Sunflower

A birthday card for someone special who is coming to visit.  It's been a while and I am looking forward to it.

A bright green linen card stock base in the self closing card style. It measures 6x12 scored at 5.5 and just under 1".

I cut the Spellbinder Sunflower from 2 shades of yellow and the leaf from a deep green. The center from dark brown to which I added gold accents with watercolor metallic gold.

I cut the SU DSP to 5.5 x 5.75" then cut again at 2.5" to create a DSP Split card. I taped the 2 piece together at the back then ran a length of deep green grosgrain ribbon across the join. Then I adhered it to the card front.


I then taped the leaf to the right upper corner, then the sunflower with well placed tape then added 3D foam tape to the center and placed onto the flower.

A white insert and carrier tape on the flap.  I am using a clip on this one so she can reuse the card with a new insert. 

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.