Sunday, September 22, 2024

Cards - SC - All Occasion Flowers

 I was brainstorming ideas of what Celebration paper would look like for art in the December show.

I created some decorative paper by blowing liquid acrylic ink on paper with a straw. I used yellow, purple, red, and orange ink.

It did not work out quite the way I thought so I decided to use the paper for card making instead.

The card base is yellow linen card stock in linen finish. 

I chose a piece of dark green white core card stock, ripped in half and adhered the piece to the right hand side trimming it to the card edge with scissors.

I cut the flowers with the QuicKutz Large Flower die from the decorative paper, red, yellow and purple card stock then just swapped out the pieces. The flowers are held together with scotch tape.

I used the red flower with the decorative paper ring and a purple center.  The stem and leaves were cut from the decorative paper. The leaves are from the Sizzix Flower Layers and Leaves die. Stem is just cut with the paper cutter and adhered with QuickDry Adhesive.

A white insert and ds tape with carrier on the flap.

Here I started with a dark purple linen card base measuring 6x12 inches and scored at 5.5" and just short of 1" for the flap.

This time I chose a light green white core card stock on the left.  This flower is mostly decorative paper and is very punchy in color.











Here we have a solid yellow flower with decorative bits in the center ring and the stem and leaves.

The other half of the light green card stock on the right.













Another mostly decorative paper flower with dark green panel.



Super happy with how these turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.