Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 036 - Needle Weaving - Pearl Cotton

This is a stitched piece for K3N Cloth Tales slow stitching challenge 2024.

Week 36 - Needle Weaving - I used Pearl Cotton.

I prepared by foundation piece by placing a piece of olive green felty fabric onto a piece of poly cotton in light green.  Folded over the edge to the front and stitched it with sewing thread.  I then basted the middle with the same thread.

I laid down my warp thread in navy blue pearl cotton.  Drawn lines or a couple lengths of tape may have ensured more even top and bottom edges. 

I then wove my short lengths of pearl cotton and wonderful colors all along the length of this little weaving.  I used the head of the needle to go over under all along the warp threads. Tacked the ends and started again with a new color.  It was nice to use pearl cotton - worked really well.   The shape is organic and that is all well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.