Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Cards - SC Christmas - Colored Pencil

I worked on more Christmas cards this morning.

I chose to use images I have drawn digitally.  This is my Bethlehem which I had to resize to accommodate this card size but that was easy. It was printed on ivory 65lb card stock.

I used colored pencils and colored the sky, the sand dunes and the windows. 

I cut the large star with the Sizzix Star & Starbursts die in silver card stock. I then punched the others with a CM Star Border punch. Large star adhered with 3D foam and the littles with QuickDry Adhesive.

The image was then adhered to the card with double sided tape, the white insert adhered with glue stick and a strip of d/s tape with carrier on the flap.  This is a self closing card made with 1/2 sheet of 12x12 navy card stock.

I really love how this one came out.

This is an angel a drew digitally based on a wicker angel I saw in a garden center at Christmas many years ago.

Subtle blue background, metallic halo, green metallic on the wings, a red dress with a green and gold border at the bottom.

A bit of flesh color on the face.

A self closing card from a 6x12 inch piece of card stock.  I adhered the drawing onto the card with a white insert opposite.  A length of double sided tape with carrier on the the flap.



A nativity I drew a few years ago. 

A subtle night sky, a yellow star with a wooden stable. 

The figures were colored with traditional blue for Mary and brown for Joseph. Just a wee head for Jesus.

Subtle blue sky, green and tan for the ground background.

Drawing adhered to the card, a blank white insert (not sure if I will regret this later when I have to handwrite the sentiment), carrier tape on the flap. 

Card is 6x12 navy blue linen card stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.