Friday, September 6, 2024

Cards - Self Closing Cards - Christmas & Poppies

I made this card the other day but did not have double sided tape to complete the cards.

This is a card that does not need an envelope because the tape on the small flap will close the card once you have written in it.

This card has a turquoise base that measures 5.5" W x 6" T and a 1" flap to close.

I place a piece of lavender origami paper which was spattered with watercolor.  The white frame was cut with the Stampin Up Clear Oval Accent die with the matching mover shaper die. Spattered with same watecolor.

I cut the flowers with the Row of Poppies die by Memory Box in the same card stock as base. 

They were adhered to a watercolor background with Scotch Quick Dry Glue but they are difficult to glue down.  An insert was glued to the right hand side. Finally, tape with carrier for the flap.

I have not used this type of double sided tape for a long while because I don't run classes anymore and I am always crafting at home.

I needed it for the flap so that I could put it on when making the card.  I could have waited till I prepared them in December but having to cut tape then would have been a pain.

My sister let me know I could buy it at Dollar Tree.  This roll should do it.



I folded the card so that the pattern was on the inside to keep the solid side for addressing.

I cut the arch with the TH Arch Frame die out of deep red card stock.
I cut the Nativity with the QuicKutz Nativity long die.  I just cut my So Saffron cardstock to 5.5 inches and took the characters I could get with was the Shepherd and lamb. I adhered the manger section onto the deep red arch.

I added gold stars with a paint brush and metallic watercolor.  I painted the large star onto of the stable too.

I added a plain insert which I will just hand write when I prepare them in December.

Tape on the flap.

This card base is royal blue linen finish card stock cut 6x12 inches scored at 5.5" and then 1" for the flap.

I cut the ornament with Sizzix Ornaments #4 die in blue, then cut just the hanger from silver card stock. I used a decorative paper background from my stash as the background. The ornament is held in place with a silver glitter swirl brad. I added a few more around the card.

I added blue vellum on the left hand side to add some interest adhered with vellum adhesive.

White insert and d/s tape on the flap.























I created 2 Snowman cards.  One with a royal blue card base and the other with a grey card base. I cut the snowman with the Sizzix Snowman and Hat die.  On this card there enough space for the hat! I added a ripped snowbank. Painted buttons on this front and a face, added a ribbon scarf.  I watercolored the hats which turned out great. Added a snowflake die cut/punchie in the top right hand corner. Really happy with these.  The white insert on the right hand side and tape on the flap.  I can always stamp a sentiment later on the insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.