Saturday, September 28, 2024

Sylvia"s Simple Shot

We have so few red leaf trees in our province.

This one was at a small park near my sisters house.  I was on a walk in the morning before heading to the ReUse Center. The sun was highlighting the red beautifully.

I was blessed to have supper with the same sister later in the day after she had been to see her husband in hospital and I did some errands.










I headed to West Edmonton Mall Monday morning to have a visit with one of my sister's who had just returned from PEI the night before.  

We ate at the food court where each of us could have our choice.  I had Vietnamese noodle bowl. Delicious.

She had the grandsons while their Mom and Dad were at an appointment near by.


I took advantage of being at WEM to visit the David's Tea store - only one in Edmonton.

I had some great ginger tea at my aunts earlier this year so I selected a ginger tea.  

It gives me a non caffeinated option which I can chose to drink more often.









I decided to visit the Old Strathcona Antique Mall and called a friend who generally meets me there. She was free!  

I have not seen her physically for about 2 years so it was nice to chat and we headed to Swiss Chalet for supper after traipsing through the antiques.

There is so much wonderful items there.

Check out the frilly lampshade on a Fenton glass base from I think the 1940s.

Amber handle on a mirrored tray.

Always a good time.

I put together a set of cards for her since she is a card giver.  

I have been supporting my friend who do give cards with some from my stash.

It is a win - win.  Cards leave my house and they get free cards which helps all the way around.







An Irish Country Practice - Patrick Taylor is a book I finished this week.  

There are new faces at the practice Not only has O’Reilly taken a new trainee under his wing, Doctor Connor Nelson, he’s also added a spirited Labrador puppy to his ever-expanding household at Number One Main Street. 

Meanwhile, his trusted partner, young Doctor Barry Laverty, finds himself wondering if he’s truly ready to settle down and start a family with his lovely fiancée, Sue.

This was a very deja vu read. Many things sound familiar but I have no record of reading it before.

Always, a joy to spend time with the doctors at Number One Main Street in Ballybucklebo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.