Friday, September 13, 2024

Sewing Project - Laundry Room Towels

I wanted a microfiber towel in the laundry room to keep the glass lid of the washer clean and see through.

I headed to the dollar store and found a pretty patterned one and I chose grey to keep with the white laundry set.

I cut it in half and planned on just serging the raw edge.  The serger has not been used for a long time and was hidden behind tons of boxes during the renovations.

It seems it was not happy and I had to re-thread the 2 bottom thread several times before it was happy.

I serged the raw edge then serged on the twill tape hangers down to the center of each towel. 

I then hand stitched the twill hangers to the upright position and also tacked the right and left corner to the center to make it hang tall and narrow. 

Very happy with this project once things got going.


Now I can wipe it down every time I use it and the lid will stay clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.