Friday, September 13, 2024

Cards - Christmas - Self Closing

 I am carrying on making Christmas cards.  Again, these are the self closing kind which require no envelope and use up some of the 12x12 card stock I have in my stash.

For this card I used a warm green for the card base.  Cut 6 inches high and left 12 inches wide.  I then scored it at 5.5 inches then just short of 1" on the other edge for the flap.

I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die with heavy red card stock.  I used scrap green card stock to cut 3 leaves. 

I adhered a strip of the same red as the flower along the right hand side. Then a piece of gold gift wrap paper on the left hand side with a ripped edge overlapping the red strip. 

A white insert and some double sided tape with carrier on the flap and it's ready to go.  

I used a teal card stock for the base of this card. 

The decorative paper is from Stampin Up. I trimmed a bit off the bottom and top to have the pattern evenly placed on the card.

I spattered a strip of red with pearl metallic watercolor from my recent purchase. it was adhered on the right hand side.

I cut a star with the Sizzix Primitive #2 die and embossed it with it's folder.

I wrapped a length of red cotton ribbon over the DSP, taped the ends to the back, and adhered it to the left hand side.

The embossed star is adhered with 3D foam tape.  A white insert on the right with double sided tape with carrier on the flap.

This is the second piece of warm green card stock.

I added a piece of gold gift wrap on the left hand side an then added a strip of Soft Sky card stock with ripped edge to the right hand side.

I punched a branch with a border punch by Martha Stewart.  It was adhered with QuickDry glue carefully placed along the stem and leaves.

I cut an ornament with the largest of the 2011 Nestabilities Ornaments from a winter botanical DSP. I cut the hanger from warm green scrap and adhered with QuickDry glue. I punched a snowflake in the center from the same light blue card stock and held it in place with a tiny gold star brad. After punching a hole in the top of the hanger I added a length of Baja Breeze seam binding to it.  The ornament is adhered with several pieces of 3D foam tape.  A white insert and a bit of double sided tape with carrier on the flap and it is ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.